ALIPHATIC MOISTURE CURED URETHANE
Specialty Coatings 195-490
195-490 is a one component moisture cured polyurethane (HDI based) floor coating/sealer that exhibits superior characteristics for abrasion resistance and chemical resistance. This product has good UV stability. Recommended for showrooms, warehouses, laboratories, cafeterias, and most indoor chemical exposure areas with regard to concrete or cement.
Ideal for use as a clear coat over epoxy vinyl chip systems
ALIPHATIC MOISTURE CURED URETHANE
195-490 is a one component moisture cured polyurethane (HDIbased) floor coating/sealer that exhibits superior characteristics for abrasion resistance and chemical resistance. This product has good UV stability.
Recommended for showrooms, warehouses, laboratories, cafeterias, and most indoor chemical exposure areas with regard to concrete or cement.
SOLIDS BY WEIGHT:
65% (+/- 3%)
SOLIDS BY VOLUME:
60% (+/- 3%)
VOLATILE ORGANIC CONTENT:
Less than 329 g/l
RECOMMENDED FILM THICKNESS:
2-5 mils per coat wet thickness
COVERAGE PER GALLON:
320 to 800 square feet @ 2-5 mils wet thickness
1 gallon, 5 gallon and 55 gallon containers ( volumes approximate.)
One component product
3 months in unopened containers
High gloss (>70 at 60 degrees
Taber abrasor CS-17 calibrase wheel with 1000 gram total load and 500 cycles= 4.4 mg loss
Gardner Impact, direct & reverse= 100 in. lb. (passed)
No cracks on a 1/8” mandrel
360 psi @ elcometer (concrete failure, no delamination) (applied over NP154 clear primer)
Less than 200 cps (typical)
“FLAMMABLE LIQUID N.O.S, 3, UN1993, PGIII”
CURE SCHEDULE: (70°F)
pot life – (1 gallon volume)…………………..……...…...…..3- 5 hours
tack free (dry to touch)………………..………………………4-7 hours
recoat or topcoat.....………………..…....................................9-13 hours
light foot traffic...……………..…………………............…13-24 hours
full cure (heavy traffic)... …...…………..……………...….......3-5 days
50-90 degrees F with relative humidity between 60-90%
acetic acid 5% C
methyl alcohol B
10% sodium hydroxide E
50% sodium hydroxide D
10% sulfuric D
10% hydrocholoric acid D
20% nitric acid C
ethylene glycol D
Rating key: A - not recommended, B - 2 hour term splash spill, C - 8 hour term splash spill, D - 72 hour immersion, E - long term immersion. NOTE: extensive chemical resistance information is available through your sales representative.
*Clarity of color may be affected by high humidity, low temperatures, chemical exposure or exposure to lighting such as sodium vapor lights.
*For best results use a high quality 3/8” nap roller.
*Slab on grade requires moisture barrier.
*Substrate temperature must be 5°F above dew point.
*All new concrete must be cured for at least 30 days.
*Use a suitable primer
*If recoating after 24 hours, then the surface must be deglossed before the application.
*The concrete and joints must be thoroughly dry prior to application.
*Applying the product thicker than recommended may result in product failure.
*Applications in direct sunlight, high humidity or high temperatures may cause surface curing before suitable air release has occurred.
*Physical properties are typical values and not specifications.
*See reverse side for application instructions.
*See reverse side for limitations of our liability and warranty.
1) PRODUCT STORAGE: Store product in an area so as to bring the material to normal room temperature before using. Continuous storage should be between 60 and 90 degree F.
2) SURFACE PREPARATION: Surface preparation will vary according to the type of complete system to be applied. For a one or two coat thin build system (3-10 mils dry) we recommend either mechanical scarification or acid etching until a suitable profile is achieved. For a complete system build higher than 10 mils dry, we recommend a fine brush blast (shot blast). All dirt, oil, dust, foreign contaminants and laitance must be removed to assure a trouble free bond to the substrate. A test should be made to determine that the concrete is dry; this can be done by placing a 4’x4’ plastic sheet on the substrate and taping down the edges. If after 24 hours, the substrate is still dry below the plastic sheet, then the substrate is dry enough to start coating. The plastic sheet testing is also a good method to determine if any hydrostatic pressure problems exist that may later cause disbonding.
3) PRODUCT MIXING: This product is a one component product. Before using stir well. Avoid whipping air into the coating when stirring.
4) PRODUCT APPLICATION: The material can be applied by brush or roller. Be sure to thoroughly roll out the material in successive passes to make sure the substrate is well wetted out. Read the MSDS before using. Maintain temperatures within the recommended ranges during the application and curing process. Properly prime the substrate. Too thick of an application or application to a damp surface may cause product failure. When using a primer other than those listed on the front of this technical data sheet, apply a test patch before overcoating the primer to determine suitability and compatibility. Because the product is applied as a very thin protective coating, some environments that are dusty, may deposit dust particles on the surface that could be visibly seen. Always apply a test patch prior to large scale applications to determine product suitability.
5) RECOAT OR TOPCOATING: Multiple coats of this product are acceptable. If you opt to recoat this product, you must first be sure that all of the solvents have evaporated from the coating during the curing process. The information on the front side are reliable guidelines to follow. However, it is best to test the coating before recoating or topcoating. This can be done by pressing on the coating with your thumb to verify that no fingerprint impression is left. If no impression is created, then the recoat can be started. Always remember that colder temperatures will require more cure time for the product before recoating can commence. Before recoating or topcoating, check the coating to insure no contaminants exist such as an epoxy blush. If necessary, clean the surface prior to recoating with a standard type detergent cleaner. When recoating this product with subsequent coats of the urethane, it is advisable to apply the recoat before 24 hours passes. Also, it is advisable to degloss the previous coat to insure a trouble free bond, if more than 24 hours has elapsed since the previous coat.
6) CLEANUP: Use ketone solvents
7) FLOOR CLEANING: Caution! Some cleaners may affect the color of the floor installed. Test each cleaner in a small area, utilizing your cleaning technique. If no ill effects are noted, you can continue to clean with the product and process tested.
8) RESTRICTIONS: Restrict the use of the floor to light traffic and non-harsh chemicals until the coating is fully cured (see technical data under full cure). It is best to let the floor remain dry for the full cure cycle. Dependent on actual complete system application, surface may be slippery, especially when wet or contaminated; keep surface clean and dry.
NOTICE TO BUYER: DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND
LIMITATIONS ON OUR LIABILITY
We warrant that our products are manufactured to strict quality assurance specifications and that the information supplied by us is accurate to the best of our knowledge. Such information supplied about our products is not a representation or a warranty. It is supplied on the condition that you shall make your own tests to determine the suitability of our product for you particular purpose. Any use or application other than recommenced herein is the sole responsibility of the user. Listed physical properties are typical and should not be construed as specifications. NO WARRANTY IS MADE, EXPRESSED, OR IMPLIED, REGARDING SUCH OTHER INFORMATION, THE DATA ON WHICH IT IS BASED, OR THE RESULTS YOU WILL OBTAIN FROM ITS USE. NO WARRANTY IS MADE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, THAT OUR PRODUCT SHALL BE MERCHANTABLE OR THAT OUR PRODUCT SHALL BE FIT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO WARRANTY IS MADE THAT THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION OR OUR PRODUCT WILL NOT INFRINGE UPON ANY PATENT. We shall have no liability for incidental or consequential damages, direct or indirect. Our liability is limited to the net selling price of our product or the replacement of our product, at our option. Acceptance of delivery of our product means that you have accepted the terms of this warranty whether or not purchase orders or other documents state terms that vary from this warranty. No representative is authorized to make any representation or warranty or assume any other liability on our behalf with any sales of our products. Our products contain chemicals that may CAUSE SERIOUS PHYSICAL INJURY. BEFORE USING, READ THE MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET AND FOLLOW THE PRECAUTIONS TO PREVENT BODILY HARM.