- Cover everything you do not wish to coat, including plants.
- Make sure the wood surface has been properly prepared and is completely dry.
- For color uniformity, intermix all containers being used, and do not thin the product.
- Stir the product before and periodically during application.
- Apply an even coat with a brush, roller or airless sprayer, avoiding heavy application.
- If spraying on the product, always backbrush or backroll to improve penetration and uniformity of coverage.
- A second coat may be applied. Wait a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 24 hours before the application of second coat.
- Allow the finish to dry 24 to 48 hours.
Flood Pro Series Semi-Transparent Acrylic/Oil Stain
Advanced formulation protects wood from moisture and sun damage while adding a rich, beautiful color that enhances the wood grain. Recommended for use on any properly prepared exterior wood, including decks, fences, siding, railings, outdoor furniture and other wood surfaces. Apply to new, dry, pressure-treated wood, uncoated new or weathered wood, or previously coated wood with a weathered, clear sealant or semi-transparent stain.
- Acrylic/oil resin delivers durabilty of acrylic and richness of penetrating alkyd
- High-solids formula delivers high coverage rate in one or two coats
- Application down to 35ºF
- Fortified with E-B Emulsa Bond™ technology for excellent adhesion and long-lasting finish
- Tinted with transparent iron-oxide pigments to enhance protection and color
- Provides a mildew-resistant finish
- Water repellent
- Available in 40 nature-inspired colors
- Easy soap and water cleanup
Things You'll Need To Know:
- High-quality natural bristle stain brush
- Lambswool or mohair roller with 3/8"–3/4" nap
- Pump sprayer
- Airless sprayer (.011 – .015 uid tip, 700 – 800 psi)
- To avoid lap marks, always work the entire length of a board while maintaining a wet edge. Never stop application in the middle of the board.
- Vertical surfaces should be coated from top to bottom.
- Clean tools with soapy water.
- Wear safety glasses.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight or on hot surfaces.
- Flood Semi-Transparent stain is for exterior use only; do not use it indoors.
- Apply Flood Semi-Transparent Acrylic stain in temperatures between 35° and 90° F.
- Do not apply if wet weather is expected within 24 hours.