- Cover everything you do not wish to coat, including plants.
- Make sure the wood surface has been properly prepared and is completely dry.
- For color uniformity, intermix all containers being used and do not thin the product.
- Stir finish before and periodically during application.
- Test color, if applicable, in a small area.
- Using a brush, roller or sprayer, apply two even coats, wet on wet. (In other words, coat a few boards at a time, then double back and apply the second coat while the first coat is still wet.)
- After sprayer or roller application, immediately backbrush or backroll to improve penetration and uniformity. Remember, Flood CWF Hardwoods is not a surface coating. It protects by penetrating the wood surface.
- Allow the second coat to penetrate for 10 to 15 minutes, then wipe up any finish that has not penetrated to even out the appearance and to avoid shiny spots.
- Allow the surface to dry 24 to 48 hours.