SCI 100% Solids Epoxy, 195-90 Series
Specialty Coatings 195-90 Series
195-90 Series is a two component 100% (+/- 1%) solids epoxy colored coating designed for applications where a high build colorfast impact resistant floor is needed. This product features a hard wearing, high gloss finish. It is ideal for use in laboratories, food and beverage facilities, warehouses, dealerships and power plants. 100% solids means no odor, no flammability and self leveling. Provides an excellent color base for vinyl chip or quartz floor systems,
- 100% solids
- Good chemical resistance
- High gloss finish
- Excellent abrasion resistance
SOLIDS BY WEIGHT:
100% (+/- 1%)
SOLIDS BY VOLUME:
100% (+/- 1%)
VOLATILE ORGANIC CONTENT:
Less than 2 g/l
White, off white, light gray, medium gray, tile red, and beige
RECOMMENDED FILM THICKNESS:
COVERAGE PER GALLON:
53-130 square feet per gallon @ 12-30 mils
3 gallon kits (2.9 – 3.0 gallons net approximately)
15 gallon kits (14 – 15 gallons net approximately)
12 pounds (1 gallon) part A to 4.15 pounds (.50 gallons) part B (volumes approx.) (standard colors)
1 year in unopened containers
Gloss (70-95 at 60 degrees @ glossmeter)
Taber abraser CS-17 calibrase wheel with 1000 gram total load and 500 cycles = 32 mg loss
5,400 psi @ASTMD790
9,100 psi @ASTMD695 – 1/2 ”X 1/2” bars
450 psi @ elcometer (concrete failure, no delamination)
Mixed = 1300-2300 cps (typical, most colors)
Part A “not regulated”
Part B “CORROSIVE LIQUID N.O.S., 8,UNI1760, PGIII”
4,800 psi @ASTMD638
GARDNER VARIABLE IMPACTOR:
50 inch pounds direct – passed
Shore D = 80
pot life – 1 1/2 gallon volume ……...…..……... 30-50 minutes @ 70° F
tack free (dry to touch)…………...…...…………..…5-8 hours @ 70° F
recoat or topcoat.....…………….……….………..... 8-12 hours @ 70°F
light foot traffic...………………………...…..……12-14 hours @ 70°F
full cure (heavy traffic)... ………………...……...…....2-7 days @ 70°F
60-90 degrees F with relative humidity below 85%
ethyl alcohol B
10% sodium hydroxide E
50% sodium hydroxide D
10% sulfuric acid C
70% sulfuric acid A
10% HC1 (aq) C
5% acetic acid B
Rating key: A - not recommended, B - 2 hour term splash spill, C - 8 hour term splash spill, D - 72 hour immersion, E - long term immersion. NOTE: extensive chemical resistance information is available through your sales representative.
Recommended SCI W/B epoxy primer or other suitable primer coats.
Optional – SCI aliphatic urethanes can be used for increased chemical resistance or increased UV stability.
Color stability or gloss may be affected by environmental conditions such as high humidity, low temperatures, chemical exposure or exposure to certain types of lighting such as sodium vapor lights.
Colors may vary from batch to batch. Therefore, use only product from the same batch for an entire job.
This product is not UV color stable and may discolor when exposed to UV lighting. Otherwise, the color stability of this product is good. Therefore, a topcoat is optional and dependent on the environment.
Light or bright colors may require a suitable primer or topcoat to achieve a satisfactory hide.
Substrate temperature must be 5°F above dew point.
All new concrete must be cured for at least 30 days prior to application.
Apply a suitable primer before using this product as a coating.
See reverse side for application instructions.
Physical properties are typical values and not specifications.
See below for limitations of our liability and warranty.
1) PRODUCT STORAGE: Store product at normal room temperature. Continuous storage should be between 60 and 90 degree F. Low temperatures or temperature fluctuations may cause product crystallization.
2) SURFACE PREPARATION: The most suitable surface preparation would be a fine brush blast (shot blast) to remove all laitance and provide a suitable profile. All dirt, foreign contaminants, oil and laitance must be removed to assure a trouble free bond to the substrate. A test should be made to determine that the concrete is dry; this can be done by placing a 4’X4’ plastic sheet on the substrate and taping down the edges. If after 24 hours, the substrate is still dry below the plastic sheet, then the substrate is dry enough to start coating.
3) PRODUCT MIXING: This product has a mix ratio of 12# part A to 4.15# part B or two parts A to one part B by volume for standard colors. Standard packages are in pre-measured kits and should be mixed as supplied in the kit. We highly recommend that the kits not be broken down unless suitable weighing equipment is available. After the two parts are combined, mix well with slow speed mixing equipment such as a jiffy mixer until the material is thoroughly mixed and streak free. After mixing, transfer the mixed material to another pail (the transfer pail) and again remix. The material in the transfer pail is now ready to be applied on the primed substrate. Improper mixing may result in product failure.
4) PRIMING: A suitable primer should be used before applying this product. See the front side of this technical data for primer information. If a primer is not used, more porous substrates may cause outgassing and possible surface defects.
5) PRODUCT APPLICATION: The mixed material can be applied by brush or roller. However, the material can also be applied by a suitable serrated squeegee and then back rolled as long as the appropriate thickness recommendations are maintained. Maintain temperatures and relative humidity within the recommended ranges during the application and curing process. If concrete conditions or over aggressive mixing causes air entrapment, then an air release roller tool should be used prior to the coating tacking off to remove the air entrapped in the coating.
6) RECOAT OR TOPCOATING: If you opt to recoat or topcoat this product, you must first be sure that the coating has tacked off before recoating. However, all previous coats should be deglossed to insure a trouble free bond prior to application of recoats or topcoats. Colder temperatures will require more cure time for the product before recoating or topcoating can commence. Before recoating or topcoating, check for epoxy blushes (a whitish, greasy film or deglossing). If a blush is present, it can be removed by any standard detergent cleaner prior to topcoating or recoating. Many epoxy coatings and urethanes as well as multiple coats of this product are compatible for use as a topcoat.
7) CLEANUP: Use xylol.
8) FLOOR CLEANING: Caution! Some cleaners may affect the color of the floor installed. Test each cleaner in a small area, utilizing your cleaning technique. If no ill effects are noted, you can continue to clean with the product and process tested.
8) RESTRICTIONS: Restrict the use of the floor to light traffic and non-harsh chemicals until the coating is fully cured (see technical data under full cure). It is best to let the floor remain dry for the full cure cycle. Dependent on actual complete system application, surface may be slippery, especially when wet or contaminated; keep surface clean and dry.
NOTICE TO BUYER: DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIESAND
LIMITATIONS ON OUR LIABILITY
We warrant that our products are manufactured to strict quality assurance specifications and that the information supplied by us is accurate to the best of our knowledge. Such information supplied about our products is not a representation or a warranty. It is supplied on the condition that you shall make your own tests to determine the suitability of our product for your particular purpose. Any use or application other than recommended herein is the sole responsibility of the user. Listed physical properties are typical and should not be construed as specifications. NO WARRANTY IS MADE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING SUCH OTHER INFORMATION, THE DATA ON WHICH IT IS BASED, OR THE RESULTS YOU WILL OBTAIN FROM ITS USE. N0 WARRANTY IS MADE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, THAT OUR PRODUCT SHALL BE MERCHANTABLE OR THAT OUR PRODUCT SHALL BE FIT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO WARRANTY IS MADE THAT THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION OR OUR PRODUCT WILL NOT INFRINGE UPON ANY PATENT. We shall have no liability for incidental or consequential damages, direct or indirect. Our liability is limited to the net selling price of our product or the replacement of our product, at our option. Acceptance of delivery of our product means that you have accepted the terms of this warranty whether or not purchase orders or other documents state terms that vary from this warranty. No representative is authorized to make any representation or warranty or assume any other liability on our behalf with any sale of our products. Our products contain chemicals that may CAUSE SERIOUS PHYSICAL INJURY. BEFORE USING, READ THE MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET AND FOLLOW ALL PRECAUTIONS TO PREVENT BODILY HARM.